Struggling to think of a lovely message to put inside a loved one’s birthday card? We have got you covered with these ten most inspirational birthday quotes.
In need of some inspiration as your next birthday rolls around? These are the most inspirational birthday quotes you need to hear.
Birthdays can be a tricky day in one’s life. Most children are ecstatic when their birthdays roll around, eagerly anticipating their impending party and copious amounts of cake.
However, as we veer into adulthood, we tend to become much less enthusiastic about the anniversary of our birth. Often seen as a sad badge of getting older, some people tend to dread the years going by.
Let’s take a look at some of the most inspirational birthday quotes out there to brighten someone’s big day or just to make you feel a little better about the process of getting older.
10. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” – Oprah Winfrey
Every time a birthday comes around, don’t be sad that you’re one year older, celebrate that you’re here to celebrate! This is a lovely note if you’re stuck for something to write inside a birthday card.
9. “Today is the oldest you have been and the youngest you will ever be. Make the most of it!” – Nicky Gumbel
Again, this quote focuses on the upside of a birthday. No matter how small a celebration may be, make it special by giving it a reason!
8. “We have to be able to grow up. Our wrinkles are our medals of the passage of life. They are what we have been through and who we want to be.” – Lauren Hutton
Getting older is a virtue. Wear your age with pride; it’s a reminder of where you have been and where you are going.
7. “To my surprise, my 70s are nicer than my 60s and my 60s than my 50s, and I wouldn’t wish my teens and 20s on my enemies.” – Lionel Blue
This is one of the most inspirational birthday quotes. Lionel Blue, in his 70s, looks back and praises life more the older he gets. This is a great quote for anyone worried about the act of getting older.
6. “To me, fair friend, you never can be old, for as you were when first your eye I eye’d, such seems your beauty still.” – William Shakespeare
Well, who can say it better than Shakespeare himself, really? This would make anyone smile on their birthday, making it one of the most inspirational birthday quotes of all.
5. “The way I see it, you should live every day like it’s your birthday.” – Paris Hilton
The woman has a point. Don’t leave it to your birthday to live life to the fullest; celebrate every day like it’s your birthday and embrace life to the fullest.
4. “Your age isn’t you. Use today to feel your best, celebrate, and be your very happiest.” – M. Rivers
How old you are most certainly isn’t one of your defining qualities. Dance until the sun comes up, go skydiving, book the trip you’ve always wanted to, and do it all no matter what your age.
3. “A child whose birthday is coming up is so excited, they count down the days. But as we get older, we seem to lose the excitement. We need to rethink and be happy we have reached another birthday.” – Theodore W. Higginsworth
As we get older, we begin to dread our birthdays, as they mark another year of our lives passing by. Heed this quote, as it should be a day we relish and celebrate!
2. “Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time.” − Jean Paul Richter
Each birthday marks another year gone by, another notch to add to the life belt. Think of your birthdays as “Feathers in the broad wing of time”, and each feather represents 365 days of the life you have led.
1. “You don’t get older, you get better.” – Shirley Bassey
If there was ever a lovely, positive, and uplifting quote to write on someone’s birthday card, this is it. This quote is a beautiful reminder that age is a gift.
There you have it; the ten most inspirational birthday quotes to lift someone up on their special day. Are there any you think might have been a good addition to the list?