With Mother’s Day in the UK and Ireland just around the corner, we thought we would take a look at some of the best strong mother quotes for all the mamas on Mother’s Day.
Being a mother is no easy task. Some mothers physically bring their kids into the world, while others bring children into their families as their own and shape them into who they are.
However, not everyone has a mother, so some of these quotes relate to the mother figures in your lives, no matter who they are.
To celebrate mothers, those who act as such, and those we have lost, let’s take a look at ten strong mother quotes for all the mamas on Mother’s Day.
10. “A strong woman isn’t the one who never fails, but the one who gets up after falling down” – for the strong, warrior mothers
Failure is often seen as a sign of weakness. However, the strongest among us are the ones who pick themselves up after falling down.
9. “I am a strong woman because a strong woman raised me” – women empowering women
This is one of the best strong mother quotes to celebrate your mums this Mother’s Day. Mothers are like warriors. They put all of their time and effort into raising their children to become strong and unique.
8. “It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding” – a great quote for new mothers
This is a fantastic quote for mothers, especially new ones! There are some things you will never know until you become a mother, and turning judgement into love, compassion, and understanding is one of them.
7. “Tell the story of the mountain you climbed. Your words could become a page in someone else’s survival guide” – share your story and, therefore, your wisdom
This is a quote directed to mothers in all shapes and forms. Talk about and share your experiences; you never know who you might end up helping.
6. “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers” – the great spiritual leaders of the world
This is such a great strong mother quote because it outlines just how badass women and mothers really are. God couldn’t be everywhere at once, so he created mothers to help in taking care of their young, their livelihood, and so much more.
5. “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colours of a rainbow” – mothers are strong and beautiful all at once
This is a beautiful quote from poet Maya Angelou’s I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, and it’s one of the most stunning strong mother quotes that you could incorporate this Mother’s Day.
4. “But behind all your stories is your mother’s story, for hers is where yours begins” – your story is my story, and my story is yours
A lot of creation stories start with our mothers bringing us into the world. No matter what happens in our lives, the beginning starts with our mothers, and they will always be a huge part of our stories.
3. “Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone. But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, you didn’t grow under my heart but in it” – a beautiful quote for adoptive parents
While this is more of a quote from mothers to their children, we think it rightfully deserves a place on this list.
This is a beautiful quote about motherhood outside of the typical sense. It doesn’t matter how you came to have this mother or why; it’s about the love they hold in their heart for you.
2. “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever” – their love will always be there
While our mothers only hold our hands to guide us when we are young and growing, they will always hold and nourish our hearts.
1. “No language can express the power, and beauty, and heroism, and majesty of a mother’s love” – a mother’s love is different
No matter who you are or your circumstances, a mother’s love cannot be put into words. It is a beautiful, mysterious type of love like no other.
So, there you have it. Ten strong mother quotes to celebrate all the strong mothers and maternal figures this Mother’s Day. There are those among us who have lost their mothers, but regardless, these quotes still ring true.