Sometimes when you’re feeling blue, all you need is a good song to get you back in a good mood.
In this article, we list ten songs GUARANTEED to put you in a good mood. This will be an eclectic mishmash of genres like you’ve never seen before, so there’s bound to be something for everyone.
You might not even be feeling blue. Maybe you just want an injection of adrenaline to kickstart your day or break you out of a funk.
From 80s bangers to modern-day pop hits, let’s take a look at ten songs guaranteed to put you in a good mood.
- Sometimes when you’re feeling blue, all you need is a good song to get you back in a good mood.
- 10. It’s My Life, Bon Jovi (2000) – forget the blues with this banger
- 9. Euphoria, Loreen – a Eurovision show stopper
- 8. Dancing in the Moonlight, Toploader – no one can shy away from this one
- 7. It’s Raining Men – banish all bad thoughts with this tune
- 6. ‘You Make My Dreams (Come True)’, Hall and Oates – instantly make you get on your feet and dance
- 5. Dreams, The Cranberries – a beautiful, nostalgic song
- 4. Life is a Highway, Rascal Flatts – a road trip tune
- 3. Ocean Drive, Duke Dumont – instant good vibes
- 2. Sunchyme, Dario G – think of sunny summer days
- 1. ‘Man! I Feel Like A Woman!’, Shania Twain – the mood booster
10. It’s My Life, Bon Jovi (2000) – forget the blues with this banger
Starting with an absolute banger – ‘It’s My Life’ by Bon Jovi. Right from the intro, this song makes you want to jump up and reclaim your happy mood.
‘It’s My Life’ is an absolute karaoke classic that has the ability to get everyone on their feet.
9. Euphoria, Loreen – a Eurovision show stopper
When this Eurovision winner comes on, there isn’t a chance that you aren’t grabbing a hairbrush and pretending you are Loreen herself.
This is an excellent dance anthem that’s fit to get a crowd going no matter what day of the week. Put this song on now, and we guarantee floods of serotonin coursing through your body in no time!
8. Dancing in the Moonlight, Toploader – no one can shy away from this one
Toploaders year 2000 cover of King Harvests’ 1972 hit single ‘Dancing in the Moonlight’ is one of those nostalgic songs that has the power to immediately put a smile on your face.
7. It’s Raining Men – banish all bad thoughts with this tune
Another song that’s definitely going to make you smile even now while you’re humming it in your head is ‘It’s Raining Men’.
You might recall this song from that classic scene in Bridget Jones, or it might be the song you belt out in the shower. Either way or none of the above, just say, “Alexa, play ‘It’s Raining Men’ to brighten your day.
6. ‘You Make My Dreams (Come True)’, Hall and Oates – instantly make you get on your feet and dance
They say that some songs are scientifically happier than others thanks to beats and rhythm, and ‘Make My Dreams Come True’ has to be one of them.
When you hear the intro to this song come on in a bar, a restaurant, or at work, you can’t help but tap your feet to the beat. Movie buffs among us might remember that famous dance scene from 500 Days of Summer.
5. Dreams, The Cranberries – a beautiful, nostalgic song
There is something about this song that makes you feel like you’re living in a movie, and when you put it on right now as you read this, you’ll know exactly what we mean.
From the hauntingly beautiful vocals of Dolores O’Riordan to the feel-good beat of the music, this is definitely one of the songs guaranteed to put you in a good mood.
4. Life is a Highway, Rascal Flatts – a road trip tune
Now, if you’re a fan of the US Office, you will know that ‘Life is a Highway’ by Rascal Flatts has the power to turn any situation from sour to happy at the click of a button.
No matter if you’re on a road trip with friends or driving home from work, something about this song just sounds better in the car. It sounds even better when listened to at the best party islands in Greece.
3. Ocean Drive, Duke Dumont – instant good vibes
Another song with an incredible beat and that feel-good vibe a timeless banger provides, ‘Ocean Drive’ is the perfect song to put on, no matter if you’re at home vibing by yourself or gearing up to head out to a party.
2. Sunchyme, Dario G – think of sunny summer days
When it comes to feel-good summer vibe songs, there are few better than the Radio Edit of ‘Sunchyme’ by Dario G.
The all-around positive tone just makes you want to dance around the room like no one is watching. This is one of the best songs guaranteed to put you in a good mood.
1. ‘Man! I Feel Like A Woman!’, Shania Twain – the mood booster
When you hear that simple but revolutionary guitar intro followed by, “Let’s go girls”, something in your body just takes over, and suddenly you’re strutting around the room without a care in the world. If this song doesn’t put you in a good mood, we don’t know what will.
So, there you have it. We hope at least one song from our list brightened your day and put you in a great mood.
For more, check out our article on 10 ways to instantly improve your mood.