Life can be full of challenges and successes, but one thing that always gives us hope is amazing stories. Whether a true story or not, these inspirational stories of hope from real people should fill you with hope and motivation.
Motivational stories are the oldest and most long-lasting form of entertainment that provides people with hope and inspiration for their lives and have some meaningful messages to learn from.
We hope these inspiring stories below from some remarkable people will fill your mind with positivity and revitalise your soul to help create a positive outlook on life.
TMTGN’s top tips for finding the best stories of hope:
- Documentaries, movies, autobiographies, blogs and podcasts are some of the best ways to discover real-life stories of hope and inspiration.
- While social media can be a wonderful tool for discovering inspiring stories, why not take a trip to your local library to find a wealth of stories across the generations?
- While the news can be constantly filled with sadness and sorrow, listen out for local good news stories to celebrate in your area.
- Life can be full of challenges and successes, but one thing that always gives us hope is amazing stories. Whether a true story or not, these inspirational stories of hope from real people should fill you with hope and motivation.
- TMTGN’s top tips for finding the best stories of hope:
- 10. Be Your Best Advocate by Raya Lasiewski − an inspiring story of hope for recovery
- 9. Paint the boat − the moral of the story is to highlight care and thoughtfulness
- 8. A story about the pandemic by L. R. Madhujan − beautiful advice for people who feel safe at home
- 7. Boy to Businessman − a story of hope and growth
- 6. Soldiers to Battle − a belief in ourselves should lead to positive results
- 5. A story of hope from Andrew on overcoming MS − taking back control of life
- 4. Stories of Hope by Heather Morris − an inspiring manual for life, with incredible stories people have shared with her
- 3. Emily’s story of hope − staying strong through cancer treatment and utilising recovery groups when emotions dipped
- 2. Control your temper − a story about anger
- 1. The Blind Girl − a story about changes
- Notable mentions
- Your questions answered about inspirational stories of hope
10. Be Your Best Advocate by Raya Lasiewski − an inspiring story of hope for recovery
The short story below is a personal story through Raya’s recovery providing the reader with masses of inspiration through her inspirational journey.
“Have you ever woken up one-day thinking, “today I will have an eating disorder?” You probably haven’t. Many people who don’t have an eating disorder don’t understand. We don’t choose to have an eating disorder. However, we can choose recovery.
“I have learned that sometimes you have to be your advocate for what you need in recovery. Some people won’t understand what you’re going through, and you just have to learn to accept it, as hard as that can be.
“The only person that knows what is best for you is yourself. It’s your story, and you get to write it. Over multiple attempts of trying to educate my parents about my eating disorder, I had to learn to become resourceful.
“I knew I wanted a life without my eating disorder, so I never gave up hope on trying to get the treatment I needed, even if it meant reaching out to different organisations that could help me cover my care”.
9. Paint the boat − the moral of the story is to highlight care and thoughtfulness
This story is a beautiful one about the act of kindness and helping others in life. It can be both rewarding to the receiver and also yourself.
“My dear boy, you do not understand the significance of your act. Let me tell you what happened.
“I forgot to mention the hole when I asked you to paint the boat. When you were done with the paint, my kids took the boat and went on a fishing trip once the paint had dried out.
“They were unaware of there being a hole. I was not there at that time. When I returned and discovered that my children had taken the boat, I was distressed because I remembered it had a hole.
“I tried to contact them several times but couldn’t reach them. Imagine my delight when I saw them return from their fishing trip. After that, I carefully examined the boat and discovered that you had repaired the hole. You see, now, what you did?
“You protected my children’s lives! I don’t have enough money to repay you for your thoughtful act”.
8. A story about the pandemic by L. R. Madhujan − beautiful advice for people who feel safe at home
This story gives hope to people to continue to be themselves and plan for the future despite the challenges life may throw.
“For people who feel safe at home, the isolation period is the best time to plan for the future. Try to be creative.
“We can survive all this. We have the strength. Soon, new mornings will come. The flowers will bloom and the streets will become active. The sun will shine more brightly. The aroma is fragrant”.
7. Boy to Businessman − a story of hope and growth
This short story showcases the human ability to use a situation and adapt their thinking to overcome hardships and come out the other side.
“A teenage boy from a village moved to the city for a job to support his family. He applied for a job in a big firm.
Hiring Manager: “Without a bike, you will not get this job. You can leave now.”
“The boy left the place thinking about what to do next. He had little money with him that could feed him only for the next few days.
“But he does not want to return to his village without a job. He was confident in getting a job.
“While he was thinking, he came across a big vegetable market. Then an idea sparked.
He decided to buy vegetables from the market with the available money.
“By the end of the evening, he sold all those vegetables and had a good profit. He gained confidence that he could earn from this”.
6. Soldiers to Battle − a belief in ourselves should lead to positive results
Hope is a light that brightens the dark tunnel that we can often see ourselves going down, but with confidence and a belief in the journey of life, we can escape that dark feeling.
“… After the battle, the Lieutenant told the General, “As destiny showed us through the toss of the coin, we won the battle. So, no one can change the destiny”.
“General smiled and showed the Lieutenant the coin, which had heads on both sides.”
5. A story of hope from Andrew on overcoming MS − taking back control of life
Andrew shares his story of hope and how he took back control of his life. This is truly one of the most inspirational stories of hope you could learn from.
“I am Overcoming MS. Don’t ever lose faith in your ability to challenge this illness. The charity Overcoming MS made me feel like I was back in control.
“My hope for the future is to get myself about and function reasonably well – that’s not just a hope; that’s a determination”.
4. Stories of Hope by Heather Morris − an inspiring manual for life, with incredible stories people have shared with her
Heather Morris shares the story behind her inspirational writing journey and the life experiences that helped her learn to truly listen to stories. This novel finds inspiration in everyday life & offers us some life lessons too.
3. Emily’s story of hope − staying strong through cancer treatment and utilising recovery groups when emotions dipped
Emily’s story of battling and healing from cancer provides us with that inspiration to continue living and to be kind to ourselves if we need a support group to seek it out.
“You have to give yourself grace. And if you’re just not there, give yourself space and time to get there. It might take a while. We only get one chance at this life, so I try to be gentle and kind to myself”.
2. Control your temper − a story about anger
This tells us that we shouldn’t say things to people in the heat of the moment that may later become a regret.
“There once was a little boy who had a very bad temper. His father decided to hand him a bag of nails and said that every time the boy lost his temper, he had to hammer a nail into the fence.
“On the first day, the boy hammered 37 nails into that fence. The boy gradually began to control his temper over the next few weeks, and the number of nails he was hammering into the fence slowly decreased”.
1. The Blind Girl − a story about changes
This is a powerful inspirational story of hope, showing us that any circumstance can change how we perceive the world, and sometimes people cannot accept their circumstance until it changes.
“There was a blind girl who hated herself purely for the fact she was blind. The only person she didn’t hate was her loving boyfriend, as he was always there for her. She said that if she could only see the world, she would marry him.
“One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her – now she could see everything, including her boyfriend.
“The girl was shocked when she saw that her boyfriend was blind too, and refused to marry him. Her boyfriend walked away in tears and later wrote a letter to her saying: “Just take care of my eyes dear””.
A story about understanding: “The shop owner countered, “You don’t want to buy this little dog. He is never going to be able to run and jump and play with you like the other puppies.”
To his surprise, the little boy reached down and rolled up his pant leg to reveal a badly twisted, crippled left leg supported by a big metal brace.
He looked up at the shop owner and softly replied, “Well, I don’t run so well myself, and the little puppy will need someone who understands!”
The Elephant and the Rope: This is one of the best inspirational short stories. It urges you to never give up despite adversity. This is a great motivational story for students.
Your questions answered about inspirational stories of hope
What are some stories of hope?
Soldiers to Battle and Paint the Boat are two great stories of hope.
What are some inspiring stories?
The ten stories above are our favourite inspirational stories. They talk about the journey of inspiration, the pursuit of dreams, friendship, the significance of kindness, the impact of education, and so much more.
Which is the best story with a moral?
The Golden Touch of Midas. One day, Midas found an angel in need of help. He helped her, and in return, she agreed to grant a wish. On his way home, he touched rocks and plants, and they turned into gold.