Looking for the perfect caption for self-love on Instagram? We have got you covered with the following inspirational quotes.
In the era of social media, it’s often important to transcribe your post with the perfect quote. There are many poets, writers, and lyricists who have spoken or written some beautiful self-love statements.
In this article, we’re going to provide you with some of the best self-love captions for Instagram you need to use for your next self-love post.
10. “How you love yourself is how you teach others to love.” – Rupi Kaur
Born in Punjab, India, Rupi Kaur emigrated to Canada at a very young age with her family. She is an inspirational author, poet, and illustrator who is one of the most prominent ‘instapoets’.
Instapoetry is a form of written poetry that came about after the turn of social media. This particular quote is from one of her collections, Milk and Honey. It is a reminder that everyone needs to love themselves before they are able to let others love them.
9. “You took me for a pushover, oh, you thought I was a pushover. Whoa, I’m not a pushover.” – Etta James
This is one of the best self-love Instagram captions for when you’re going through a breakup. There is nothing worse than being underestimated, and when you’ve gone through a breakup, you can be left feeling so.
With these wise words from Etta James’ ‘Pushover’, she affirms how strong she is and how she won’t be underestimated.
8. “If we treated ourselves as well as we treat our best friend, can you imagine?”– Meghan Markle
This is a great self-love quote because, sometimes, when you’re putting yourself down, you have to wonder, would I treat my best friend like that?
Treat yourself like you would treat the people you love and respect because you also deserve it.
7. “Be so completely yourself that everyone else feels safe to be themselves, too.” – unknown
This is a great insta caption that completely encompasses self-love. It is so important to have a positive attitude towards life, especially when it comes to yourself.
Be completely yourself no matter where you go, and your self-love will shine and rub off on the people around you.
6. “When you’re smiling, the whole world smiles with you.” – Judy Garland
This beautiful Judy Garland song continues, “When you’re laughing, oh, when you’re laughing, the sun comes shining through”.
Laughter makes the world go around, as the saying goes, and sometimes, whether it’s sincere or not, smiling and laughing are some of the purest forms of self-love. This is one of the best self-love captions for Instagram, especially a selfie caption.
5. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” – Oscar Wilde
From Oscar Wilde’s four-act play An Ideal Husband is a beautifully famous quote to portray self-love. The lifelong romance the legendary Irish poet refers to is with yourself!
Always remember to love yourself because unconditional self-love will see you dance through life to the rhythm of your own drum. Life is what you make of it!
4. “The things that make me different are the things that make me, ME.” – A.A. Milne, Winnie The Pooh
A.A. Milne was instilling a message in us from a young age, and we probably didn’t even know it then. Everyone has their own beautiful paths in life, and not everyone’s path is going to be the same!
We are all different, and we need to stop comparing ourselves to others. This is such a hard thing to do in today’s society of social media. This is one of the most beautiful self-love captions for Instagram, affirming your love for yourself and all that you are.
3. “True self-care is not bath salts and chocolate cake; it’s making the choice to build a life you don’t need to escape from.” – Brianna Wiest
We love this quote from Brianna Wiest, who wrote one of the most motivational books of the past decade.
While all the extra little treats can always do their bit to make you feel that bit better, the true secret to happiness is shaping your life in a way that you love, embrace, and wish to follow through.
2. “Love yourself. Be clear on how you want to be treated. Know your worth. Always.” – Maryam Hasnaa
Always have a standard of how you wish to be treated by others. If you truly love yourself and know your own worth, you will know what you expect from others.
1. “You are enough.” – Brené Brown
We live in a world of never enough. Always reaching for something else, what we do is never enough. This life of scarcity is a scary one, and Brené Brown puts it perfectly here.
This American author and lecturer is one of the best motivators of self-love, and she has come out with an abundance of motivational quotes. You are enough, you will always be enough, and never forget it.
- “The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself”: Steve Maraboli said this, and the words are so true.
- “Make peace with your broken pieces”: J.K. Rowling said this great quote on self-love. It’s important to embrace our broken parts because they make us who we are.
- “Start healing your heart, and you will look beautiful.”: Wise words from Brianna Wiest. If your body is beautiful on the inside, you will always be beautiful on the outside.
- “The first step in finding self-esteem and peace is to heal your heart”: This is a beautiful quote from Alexandra Vasiliu.
FAQs about self-love captions for Instagram
What is the best caption for self-love?
One of the most powerful captions for self-love is simply: “you are enough”.
We think this is a quote that resonates with many people. The moment you feel worthy in yourself is the moment your life changes.
What is a good short caption for Instagram about self-love?
Again, “you are enough” is short and sweet and to the point.
What is the best caption for life?
Marilyn Monroe once said, “Keep smiling because life is a beautiful thing, and there’s so much to smile about”.
We think this is one of the most beautiful captions that outlines an appreciation of life.